KNG Energy needs your help to prevent pipeline emergencies. Third party damage from unauthorized digging is the leading cause of pipeline incidents or leaks. Before exposing a KNG pipeline you must first call 1-800-434-3427 so we can be present.
Before beginning construction or excavation, it’s required by law to call at least two working days in advance of digging to have underground utilities marked. The Ohio Underground Protection Service “OUPS” runs a “one-call” system and by calling 1-800-362-2764 or 811 all member utilities will be notified to mark their underground facilities.
Here are six simple steps to safe digging:
- Call 1-800-362-2764 or 811 before you dig.
- Do not dig before waiting the required 48 hours for marking.
- Respect the marks. Pipeline markers indicate there is a line in the area. They do not indicate the specific location of the pipeline.
- Do not make unauthorized use of pipeline right-of-ways.
- Dig with care. Hand dig and probe until the pipeline is exposed. Do not use power equipment around gas lines.
- When backfilling, provide proper support for the pipeline and ensure adequate soil cover on top. Use rock-free material to protect the pipeline.